The State Tretyakov Gallery is one of the world's biggest museums of Russian fine arts. It was founded in 1856 when a young Moscow merchant Pyotr Tretyakov bought first paintings for his collection. In 1892, the owner gave the gallery to Moscow and now it is a national museum of the Russian Art. Its collection consists of 100 thousand exhibits and gives a clear idea of the history of Russian art. It includes about 5000 works of ancient Russian art and world famous paintings by Russian and Soviet artists, sculptures and pieces of graphic art.
To benefit from the complimentary excursion to the State Tretyakov gallery – please click Book the excursion online or complete the Excursion reservation form and send it to the following e-mail address: moscowTB-SDG@acase.ru